Associate Director of College Advising
We are seeking an ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE ADVISING to join our active and engaged College Advising team starting in the 2020-21 school year. This team supports the mission by serving the interests of our students in their well-informed considerations of college.
As an expansion of the team, this individual will be a highly engaged member of the community, endeavoring to understand, participate in, and translate to outside groups the vibrant life of Seattle Academy.
In providing organized and energetic support of students, the Associate Director of College Advising, will guide a percentage of the junior and senior classes in their college search; monitor the progress and completion of each advisee's applications; and participate in all activities (including travel to colleges and conferences) required to sustain and advance a productive and dynamic college advising program.
Key characteristics for the person in this position include:
- Ability to work effectively with all constituent groups when needed - students, parents, teachers, college partners, and administrative teams;
- Desire, interest, and enthusiasm for working in a school with upper school-aged students;
- Compassion, patience, sense of humor, contextual emotional intelligence;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, set timelines and meet deadlines;
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication abilities;
- Ability to work effectively on your own and with the team;
- Effective problem-solving skills; and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
Successful candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s Degree, first-hand understanding of independent schools and of selective college admission, and five years of previous college admission experience, either as a high school-based college advisor or as an admission representative.
Seattle Academy provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender presentation, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with the applicable federal, state, and local laws.
SAAS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package. Successful candidates must be able to pass fingerprint background check as a contingency of employment. Please submit cover letters and resumes by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE ADVISING in the subject line. PDF format is preferred.