Computational Thinking/Computer Science Teacher
Seattle Academy is seeking a Computational Thinking/Computer Science teacher to join our faculty starting the 2019-2020 school year. Candidates should have experience teaching but not necessarily required in Computer Science. A strong technical background is a must with experience in software and common Computer Science methodologies.
We value and will also consider candidates with comparable and relevant professional and technical work experience outside of academia. Preferred experience would include project-based learning, differentiated instruction, machine learning, and applied math or science background.
The candidate will be instrumental in developing and teaching curriculum that instills complex problem solving, design thinking, human and computerized algorithmic thought processing and ethical data analytical skills in our students through cross functional, project-based learning at SAAS. Key characteristics for the person in this position include:
- A growth mindset with a passion for your subject matter and an engaging learning environment;
- Curiosity and attentiveness to trends or shifts by engaging with subject matter experts and research to enable forward leaning instruction;
- Desire, interest, and enthusiasm for working with middle and upper school-aged students;
- Compassion, patience, sense of humor, contextual emotional intelligence;
- Strong organizational and communication abilities;
- Agility, influence, negotiation, and strong judgment & decision making skills;
- Ability to work effectively with all constituent groups - teachers, parents, students, and administrative teams as you introduce new, innovative curriculum; and
- Creative and imaginative problem-solver.
Seattle Academy provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with the applicable federal, state, and local laws.
SAAS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package. Cover letters and resumes by email ONLY to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Computational Thinking/Computer Science in the subject line.