SEATTLE ACADEMY is a dynamic community that challenges students to question, imagine, and create in order to contribute boldly to a changing world.
We are seeking a FACILITIES TECHNICIAN to join our SAAS Facilities team to help bring this mission to life through the proactive and responsive support of our buildings, events, and projects for the School.
Key characteristics and responsibilities for the person in this position include:
- Desire, interest, and enthusiasm for working in a school environment serving middle and upper school-aged students;
- Responds to general and emergency repair and maintenance requests from faculty/staff and administration;
- Performs general planned maintenance projects including building upkeep, painting, floor repair, equipment servicing, and exterior repairs;
- Supports move, add, change projects;
- Provides event setup support and coverage;
- Responds to building management systems and alarms as needed;
- Supports traffic management team;
- Works effectively with multiple constituent groups - students, parents, faculty, internal operations, vendors, and administrative teams;
- Is calm under pressure, problem-solves without drama, and has a sense of humor;
- Possesses excellent communication abilities;
- Works effectively on your own and with the team; and
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion
Successful candidates should have 2-5 years of building services or facility technician experience in a fast-paced organization similar to an educational environment. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, be able to provide schedule coverage in support of school events, and able to respond to building emergencies as they arise.
Seattle Academy provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender presentation, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with the applicable federal, state, and local laws.
SAAS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package. Successful candidates must be able to pass fingerprint background check as a contingency of employment. Please submit cover letters and resumes by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org with FACILITIES TECHNICIAN in the subject line. PDF format is preferred.