We are seeking a full-time Graphic Designer to join our marketing and communications team at Seattle Academy (SAAS). We need a highly collaborative team member who can visually bring to life or mission, values, guiding principles and programmatic pillars of our school. This person will have the creativity to imagine unique concepts and the talent to execute on the work.
Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines working both independently and collaboratively, and be willing to work evenings and weekends occasionally, when needed.
The person in this position would -
- Design graphical assets for usage on website, emails, collateral, presentations, posters, and other mediums to bring the SAAS brand to life;
- Collaborate with a variety of school constituents on a plan for a concept, design, and delivery;
- Juggle and multitask, working on several projects at once, often with tight deadlines and with careful attention to detail;
- Independently manage project workload and communicate with stakeholders and managers
- Exhibit expertise in storytelling, typography, and layout;
- Plugged into emerging technologies and design trends and willing to share internally
- Actively participate in the activities and culture of the school.
What You Bring:
- 3 - 5+ years of proven graphic design experience;
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and work experience;
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign);
- Proficiency with Google applications (G Suite) and Microsoft Office;
- Portfolio of recent graphic design projects; digital preferred;
- Knowledge of web standards and preparing design work for both desktop and mobile;
- Ability to take and edit photos;
- Experience in managing multiple projects and deadlines and being able to work under tight timelines;
- Ability to work quickly and adapt to fast and changing priorities;
- Agility, influence, negotiation, strong judgment and decision-making skills; and
- Self-driven, goal-oriented, and strong interpersonal skills.
Seattle Academy is a dynamic, urban independent school, grades 6-12. Our diverse faculty and staff are exceptionally qualified, strong academically, and combine rich life experience with a passion for their disciplines. Our teaching philosophy is geared toward knowing the kid, meeting them where they are academically, and understanding that talents are born, made and discovered.
Join us in making that a reality for our students at SAAS as we prepare them for college and life!
Seattle Academy provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with the applicable federal, state, and local laws.
SAAS offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Cover letters and resumes by email ONLY to: email@example.com with Graphic Designer position in the subject line. PDF format is preferred.