We are seeking a full-time Math Teacher to join our faculty starting the 2019-2020 school year. Applicants should be able to teach subjects along the pre- Algebra through Calculus BC curriculum continuum. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience. Master’s degree preferred. Key characteristics for the person in this position include:
- A growth mindset with a passion for your subject matter and an engaging learning environment;
- Desire, interest, and enthusiasm for working with middle and upper school-aged students;
- A willingness to incorporate social-emotional learning competencies (social awareness, relationship skills, self-awareness, self-management, responsible decision making) into the subject matter;
- Compassion, patience, sense of humor, contextual emotional intelligence;
- Strong organizational and communication abilities;
- Agility, influence, negotiation, and strong judgment & decision making skills;
- Ability to work effectively with all constituent groups - teachers, parents, students, and administrative teams;
- Experience with addressing student behavior;
- Creative and imaginative problem-solver.
Seattle Academy provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with the applicable federal, state, and local laws.
SAAS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package. Cover letters and resumes by email ONLY to: email@example.com with Math Teacher position in the subject line.