Upper School History Teacher
We are seeking a full-time Upper School History Teacher to join our faculty starting the 2019-2020 school year. Applicants should be able to teach subjects along the 9th to 12th grade history continuum, which currently covers Ancient World History, Modern World History, and US History, as well as teacher-driven senior history electives offered in a seminar format. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of teaching experience. Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
Key characteristics for the person in this position include:
- A growth mindset with a passion for your subject matter and an engaging learning environment;
- Desire, interest, and enthusiasm for working with upper school-aged students;
- A willingness to incorporate social-emotional learning competencies into the subject matter;
- Compassion, patience, sense of humor, contextual emotional intelligence;
- Strong organizational and communication abilities;
- Ability to work effectively with all constituent groups - teachers, parents, students, and administrative teams.
Seattle Academy provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with the applicable federal, state, and local laws.
SAAS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package. Cover letters and resumes by email ONLY to: email@example.com with Upper School History position in the subject line. PDF format is preferred.