Happy New Year, SAAS Families!
School is back in session, but the glow of the holidays remains. Before too much time passes, we wanted to send out a great big thank you to everyone who donated cash, gifts, time, and talents to the annual Parent Association Holiday Gift Basket project. In case you have not yet seen the joyful Instagram photos posted by Seattle Academy (@SeattleAcademy), we are happy to report that the effort yielded AMAZING results that were so well-received! With your help, each one of the two hundred plus baskets contained:
- A ticket to a Broadway show at Fifth Avenue Theatre;
- Gourmet snacks--chocolates, sunflower seeds, and flavored popcorn;
- Redeemable certificates for Bombsheller athletic wear and Via Tribunali pizza;
- A bottle of wine and a pound of Caffe Vita coffee;
- At least one gift card from various other local businesses;
- Assorted goodies for home, garden, library, bar, kitchen, bath; and
- A handwritten note to each staff member plus a personalized holiday ornament.
Dozens of volunteers helped to make the baskets personal and beautiful. Dollars donated helped supply the theater tickets plus other popular gifts like glassy babies, pasta dinners, holiday brunch bundles, and instant-cocktail kits. In-kind donations beyond those listed above included such items as artisanal olive oils and sea salts, hardcover books, live plants, luxury skincare, and gym memberships.
Faculty and staff were very excited to collect their baskets, with many of them arriving early before class. There was a real buzz of excitement and holiday cheer as they looked through their gifts and spent time hanging out with colleagues. Each person that collected their baskets all said the same “Thank you so much” and “Please thank all the parents for us.”
Thank you! We are overwhelmed by the generosity and kindness of our SAAS community! Wishing you all happiness, health, and prosperity throughout the coming year.
Julie Nicholls (Ava '23) and Nikki Lundin (Cal '18)
2018 Holiday Gift Basket Co-Chairs