- What is Ravenna?
- Do siblings have preference in admissions?
- If my student is on the waitlist this year, do I need to reapply next year?
- Do you offer fee waivers for any part of the process?
SAAS offers early decision admission notification to current SAAS families. While we do not automatically accept newly applying siblings, one of our top priorities is to help to keep families together. Review our sibling application process for more information.
Application fee waivers and waivers for the ISEE and SSAT are available for SAAS applicants through the Admission Office by emailing email@example.com.
Please note: SSS has established new fee waiver guidelines according to family income and will not charge a fee for qualified filers. Families who do not qualify for a waiver and would like assistance to cover the fee may request a waiver from SAAS. To request a need-based waiver for any required component of our application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What makes SAAS stand out from other independent schools?
- What is the daily schedule at SAAS?
- What is the average class size?
- I currently live out of town, what should I do?
- How do I reschedule a parent/guardian interview or visit day?
- My student has been waitlisted, what does that mean?
- How do you support students with learning differences?
- Student and Family Support?
- What are the transportation options?
- How does college advising work?
Managing individual classroom size is important in order for our faculty to support our mission to prepare students for college and life. Our typical class size is eighteen. It is our student to teacher ratio of 6:1 that allows for building healthy relationships, which in turn can leverage a high level of performance from students.
Families can unregister for events online as long as the registration deadline has not passed and the school has not closed the event.
Step 1. Go to the Ravenna menu on the left and select Events.
Step 2. Select the event you wish to unregister from.
Step 3. Click on the red unregister button at the bottom of the event details page.
Step 4. Confirm you wish to unregister in the pop-up window. Once you do so, a green box will appear on the event detail page confirming your withdrawal from the event.
If you cannot unregister for the event online, please contact us directly to cancel the registration.
Confirmed waitlist applicants are kept in the wait pool until school begins in the fall. To be considered for admission in the following year, applicants must complete the application process, submitting a new preliminary application, student statement, and parent/guardian statement. In order to track student growth from the previous application, we ask that new teacher evaluations are completed, as well as an updated transcript for the current application year. Please contact the Admission Department to discuss waiving or submitting additional documents.
Seattle Academy offers multiple support structures for our students and families. In addition to our Learning Support program, we have advisors and grade-level coordinators that support families in navigating our school academically and socially. We also have three full-time counselors on staff. We believe in early and often communication to create successful partnership between home and school.
We offer bus service with stops along 520, I-90, Ballard, Ravenna, Queen Anne/Magnolia, West Seattle, and Rainier Beach. Many families choose to carpool or have their student utilize public transportation via bus or rail. Parking permits are available for a limited number of Upper School students
Learn more about Transportation at Seattle Academy.
- Does SAAS offer financial aid?
- If parents/guardians do not live together (e.g. divorced, separated, never married), do both households have to submit financial information?
- What happens if I miss the filing deadline?
- When and how will I receive information about a financial aid grant?
- What if I haven’t filed a 1040 form this year?
- Do we really need to file every year?
- What should I do if my financial situation changes after I have filed the Personal Financial Statement with SSS?
Yes, SAAS offers financial assistance to approximately 23% of our current students. However, our policy is to offer need-based aid only; we do not offer merit-based grants. Visit our Financial Aid page for more information.
For returning students, we will send financial aid grant information with your re-enrollment contract information in late January to early February.
For newly invited students, decision letters and grant information are released on the same day. Our Business Office will communicate grant awards separately.
If your financial situation changes significantly after you have completed your application, please return to your SSS application and make the necessary adjustments to your information. Once you have updated your file, please notify the Admission Office that changes have been made that may warrant further review. Please note that any late adjustment to the PFS after a grant has been awarded is subject to the availability of funds.