Seattle Academy values an inclusive, economically diverse community and is committed to making the SAAS education accessible to as many families as possible. Over 23% of our families receive financial aid for tuition each year. Financial assistance is available for tuition costs as well as transportation, lunch, trips, and additional school-related costs as all of those are part of the SAAS student experience.
Tuition is set each year by the Board of Trustees at Seattle Academy.
Tuition and fees for the 2019-2020 school year*
$37,485 for grades 6-8
$37,685 for grades 9-12
*A $1,000 deposit is due at the time of enrollment to secure your student’s space, and will be credited toward the total tuition amount. The deposit amount may vary for families receiving tuition assistance. Please see Important Dates for associated deadlines.
In addition to financial aid grants for tuition, assistance is available to qualifying families for all of the areas listed below:
As part of our commitment to making the full Seattle Academy experience accessible to every student and applicant, we’ve implemented the following policies:
The SAAS Community Chest Fund was established to provide additional financial support to students throughout the school year. These funds cover participation in school-related activities that are not covered by tuition, fees, or existing financial aid awards. All requests are handled confidentially and with sensitivity.
Application fee waivers and waivers for the ISEE and SSAT are available for SAAS applicants through the Admission Office by emailing email@example.com.
Please note: SSS has established new fee waiver guidelines according to family income and will not charge a fee for qualified filers. Families who do not qualify for a waiver and would like assistance to cover the fee may request a waiver from SAAS. To request a need-based waiver for any required component of our application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial aid is awarded on need-based versus achievement-based criteria using the following guidelines:
- All families requesting financial aid must submit documentation of financial need through the completion of the application process.
- We evaluate the information provided by SSS on a family’s ability to pay and rely heavily on the input provided directly from the family when making grant decisions.
- We prioritize returning families who are currently receiving financial aid. All families must contribute some portion of tuition and educational expenses.
The financial aid application is separate from the admission application and can be found through the School and Student Services (SSS) website.
- FINANCIAL AID PROCESS OVERVIEW
- IMPORTANT DATES
- RE-ENROLLING FAMILIES
- EARLY DECISION SIBLING FINANCIAL AID PROCESS
Seattle Academy utilizes the services of School and Student Services (SSS) , which provides a need-based financial aid analysis for independent schools. The SSS site will open to receive financial aid applications on October 2, 2019. Seattle Academy requires a completed application and the prior year tax return all by January 31, 2020; the current year tax return and W-2 forms should be uploaded as soon as they are available.
Please note: SSS has established new fee waiver guidelines according to family income and will not charge a fee for qualified filers. Families outside the range of SSS by NAIS's "free filing status" who would like assistance to cover the fee may request a fee waiver from SAAS. To request a need-based waiver for any required component of our application process, please email email@example.com.
How to Apply:
- The financial aid application process is completed online, a process which consists of a Parent/Guardian Financial Statement (PFS) and the most recently filed Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 from both parents/guardians.
- To complete the process on-line, log on to the SSS website, at sss.nais.org, and follow the instructions provided.
Please do not send tax documents directly to Seattle Academy; the school accesses the information from SSS.
Seattle Academy’s code is 7243.
Please do not wait until after receiving an admission decision to request financial aid as funding may no longer be available. The FAQ section includes more detailed information about the financial aid process.
The deadline to apply for financial aid for the 2020-21 school year is January 31, 2020.
Current families wanting to be considered for financial aid for a returning student must re-apply through School and Student Services (SSS) by December 16, 2019. Detailed information for current SAAS families included below.
Early Decision Sibling Families
The deadline to apply for financial aid for the 2020-21 School year is December 16, 2019.
Families are required to re-apply for financial aid every year. Current families wanting to be considered for financial aid for a returning student must re-apply through School and Student Services (SSS) by December 16, 2019. The re-application process is the same as the overview provided above.
NOT CURRENTLY RECEIVING FINANCIAL AID AT SAAS?
Returning families not currently receiving financial aid this school year, but seeking to apply for the coming school year should follow these steps:
- Complete the SSS application process as described above. The same deadline applies to all returning families.
- Notify Lori Metcalf directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that the Financial Aid Committee is aware of your new application in the SSS System.