In a recent effort to support productive discussion, analysis, and activism in the fight for racial justice, Pitzer College, a nationally top-ranked undergraduate liberal arts and sciences institution, created a Racial Justice Initiative. Seattle Academy is proud to congratulate our very own Ben Sievers ’18 on receiving the award.
- Cardinals for the Community
- Update Contact Information
- Get Involved
- Support SAAS
From November 16 through December 31, Seattle Academy is calling on all alumni and asking them to give back by making an impact in their local community, no matter where they are located. Alumni can choose a safe, effective way to help society in a method that resonates with them personally. Whether that means donating blood, serving food at a homeless shelter, peacefully protesting, there are endless ways to help. To spread the spirit of kindness amongst the entire SAAS community, we are asking alumni to submit a photo of this action to help spread inspiration amongst the SAAS community. To show our appreciation, we will send you some SAAS spirit with a SAAS Alumni gift.
- Sign-up to participate by completing the form on this page below. By signing up, we will be able to email friendly reminders about volunteering and receive a valid address to mail your thank-you gift to.
- Choose a volunteer or civic engagement opportunity that is meaningful to you. For suggestions, please view our suggested list.
- Make an impact in your community by carrying out your chosen engagement and snapping a photo as you do it. Don’t be afraid to represent SAAS by wearing SAAS apparel as you volunteer.
- *Encouraged - Share a social media post about your experience to spread encouragement amongst your followers. Make sure to tag @saasgrad to spread encouragement amongst the SAAS community.
- Email your photo to email@example.com
- Feel good to know that thanks to you, a positive change took place!
- Enjoy your SAAS Alumni gift when it comes in the mail.
- Writing and sending cards to people affected by COVID, anyone spending their holidays in the hospital, seniors who are home due to COVID, etc.
- Donate or volunteer safely with food banks and pantries
- Deliver meals and groceries to seniors through Meals on Wheels
- Give blood - Contact your local blood bank such as the Red Cross
- Visit AllforGood.org to find safe volunteer projects near you
- Write letters in support a non-profit organization that you stand behind (such as a political or environmental organization)
- Start a community garden
- Do something good for the environment by implementing green efforts into your household
Come visit SAAS! We can’t wait to welcome you back to campus at one of our events, or for a visit and a tour!
Welcome SAAS Alumni! This is your hub to stay connected or reconnect to the SAAS community. Explore our website to check out the latest alumni news, upcoming events, and ways to engage with current students, faculty and other SAAS Alumni.
Whether you live down the street in Capitol Hill, or are as far away as New York or New Zealand, we want to stay connected with you! We hold alumni events in major US cities; update your contact information to be notified about SAAS gatherings near you.
We hope you will connect with us, update us on your own recent accomplishments, and learn how you can get involved at SAAS! We can’t wait to hear from you!
Upcoming SAAS Alumni Events
Among this year’s new faculty, Seattle Academy welcomes back Francesca Rosati ’15. After SAAS, Francesca attended Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) and in 2019, received her Bachelor of Fine Arts in painting with a minor in art history. Francesca went on to complete RISD’s Master of Arts in Teaching.
This past spring, SAAS TV hosted a presentation about our Innovations program. The evening included a panel discussion with alumni who had gone through the program at Seattle Academy, developed a business plan in that class, and have since successfully launched their own business based on the work they completed in the innovations courses.
There are so many ways to get involved at SAAS after being a student here! Read about all the ways you can get connected!
- Alumni Board
- Classroom Guest Speaker or Judge
- Class Reunion Volunteer
- Regional Event Volunteer
- SAAS Senior Project Mentor
The Alumni Board is the volunteer leadership team for the SAAS alumni community. They meet monthly during the school year and work to engage other alumni, plan events and gatherings, fundraise for SAAS – and stay connected to the school!
Alumni support matters more than you may realize! As a graduate of Seattle Academy, you know the value of a SAAS education better than anyone. You were once a student at Seattle Academy and had the invaluable experience to learn, take chances and grow in a supportive and empowering environment. Now as an alumni, your support speaks volumes about the school and the SAAS experience you had when you were a student here. Whether it’s a donation of $10, $100 or $1,000, no matter the size, your participation creates opportunities for SAAS students and faculty today.
Tuition covers the operating cost of the school. New programs, outdoor trips and travel, Financial Aid and even the Alumni Program are made possible by donations to the Annual Fund. Gifts to the school support and continue to grow these programs as our school continues to grow each year. You can make a gift or pledge today with the form below.
Thank you for supporting Seattle Academy!
"I was incredibly lucky to attend and graduate from SAAS. I encourage all our Alumni in supporting SAAS so future students can experience the same unique high school experience that I did."-Aaron Strauss '03, Alumni Board President
Alumni Participation Progress
SAAS Alumni Newsletters