In partnership with SAGE Dining, Seattle Academy provides delicious and balanced food service for interested students, faculty, and staff. Full hot lunch service, as well as grab-n-go items are available to all students for purchase in both the Middle and Upper Middle School.
- How do students pay for their food? Can I pay with Cash?
- What if I have a question about billing for a student food service account?
- What if I don’t use all of my funds by the end of the year?
- What if my student is on financial aid?
- How do I add funds to my child’s Food Service Account?
- What if my student has allergies or dietary restrictions?
- What does the Upper School’s Open Campus mean?
- Cash is not accepted for payment.
- Students pay for food through an electronic debit account. Families may put funds on the account through My Backpack on the same page as tuition payments are made. Reports of items purchased may be searched in My Backpack, as well.
Students receiving financial aid grants in excess of 70% of tuition will automatically receive financial assistance for food purchases. Families with students receiving below 70% of tuition as financial assistance may request additional assistance through Community Chest.
- Students and families can view food content and potential allergens on our daily lunch menu.
- If a student has severe allergies, this information should also be on the student’s medical forms and shared with the student’s advisor and division level administration.