Sign up for a desired test date and mark “yes” when asked about receiving accommodations. Forward the email entitled “Instructions to complete your accommodations request for the ACT” with your ACT ID number to your TA Coordinator, Jaymie Lewis. Documentation of a disability that directly impacts performance on the ACT test is needed. Approval may take up to 6 weeks.
|ACT Test Dates||ACT ID number & documentation due to Jaymie by:|
|September 14, 2019||August 14, 2019|
|October 26, 2019||August 26, 2019|
|December 14, 2019||October 14, 2019|
|February 8, 2020||December 8, 2019|
|April 4, 2020||February 4, 2020|
|June 13, 2020||April 13, 2020|
|July 18, 2020||May 18, 2020|
- To Request Accommodations SAAS School Code: 481-154
- Documentation Guidelines
- Things to Remember
- Other Resources
- Register for a test. Mark “yes” when asked about accommodations. A question about “National” or “Special” testing will be populated. Select whichever is more appropriate. Complete registration process. (https://www.act.org/content/dam/act/unsecured/documents/Accommodations-National-Special.pdf)
- Forward ACT ID number email to Jaymie along with authorization form. Requests cannot be submitted without these two pieces.
- SAAS submits accommodations request and will notify family of decision. Requests are normally processed in 10-14 business days from receipt. If a request is denied ACT will provide a reason and timeline for an appeal.
ACT will generally accept an evaluation that is no more than three years old. A documented disability is not reason enough for accommodation approval. There needs to be proof of a functional limitation and that the disability affects performance on the ACT assessment.
- Once accommodations are approved, they apply to all ACT tests moving forward.
- If a student signs up for a second test they need to notify Jaymie Lewis of the test registration to assign the accommodations.
- Students approved special testing will test the first weekend of the 3 week testing window.