College Board: PSAT, SAT, AP & Subject Tests
Contact your SSD Coordinator, Jaymie Lewis, with your desired test dates. Documentation of a disability that directly impacts performance on College Board tests is needed. Accommodations can be approved for individual subject areas or the entire test. Approval may take up to 7 weeks. Once accommodations are approved they automatically apply to all future College Board tests.
College Board Accommodations
|College Board Test Dates||Documentation due to Jaymie by:|
|SAT- August 24, 2019||July 5, 2019|
|SAT - October 5, 2019||August 5, 2019|
|PSAT - October 19, 2019||August 19, 2019|
|SAT - November 2, 2019||September 2, 2019|
|SAT - December 7, 2019||October 7, 2019|
|SAT - March 14, 2020||January 14, 2020|
|Advanced Placement - May 6-10, 13-17, 2020||January 6, 2020|
|SAT - June 6, 2020||April 6, 2020|
- To Request Accommodations SAAS School Code: 481-154
- Documentation Guidelines
- Things to Remember
- Other Resources
- Provide Jaymie with the required documentation with a parent and student signed authorization form.
- SAAS submits the accommodations request.
- If accommodations are approved the family will receive an eligibility letter that contains test-by-test details of what is/is not approved and an SSD Number. If they are denied there is a detailed reason.
- Families use the SSD Number from the eligibility letter to register for a preferred test date. When registering you must always use the SSD Number to link the accommodations to the test.
College Board will generally accept an evaluation that is no more than five years old.
Documentation must meet the following seven criteria:
1. The diagnosis is clearly stated.
2. Information is current.
3. Educational, developmental, and medical history is presented.
4. The diagnosis is supported.
5. The functional limitation is described.
6. Recommended accommodations are justified.
7. Evaluators’ professional credentials are established.
- Once accommodations are approved, they apply to all College Board tests moving forward (PSAT, AP, SAT, and Subject Tests).
- In most cases, it is better to wait on requesting accommodations until the correct accommodations have been decided as it is hard to change accommodations once they are approved.
- Check your Admission Ticket for Test Center location. Students that are approved to test at SAAS for the SAT with essay may be registered at a National Test center for Subject tests or SAT without essay because they don’t need a computer.
- Students testing at SAAS will have a note that says “See Below” listed next to Test Center and a note that says “School Based” under the Message to Coordinators section.