While we encourage Seattle Academy students to engage in the opportunities offered through the school, we understand that an individual student’s passion may be to study away from home and SAAS during their time in Upper School. If a student does choose to study away from SAAS, we will work to find ways to support academic goals and graduation requirements in collaboration with the student, family, and the selected program.
Questions? Contact Jarad Gifford.
- What is the timeline for studying away from SAAS?
- What should I look for in a program away from SAAS?
- Will credits I get from my program abroad appear on my SAAS transcript?
- Do my grades from my time abroad factor into my SAAS GPA?
- What are the considerations for credits toward graduation?
- How do I engage with the college process while away?
- If I choose to be away from SAAS, which part of the year is best?
- I want to participate in advanced programs in Arts/Athletics/Robotics. Can I do this and go abroad?
- Should I register for classes even while I’m away?
- I hope to be away from SAAS in the fall. What do I need to know about transitioning into my courses when I return?
- If I am planning to be away during 11th grade year, what if I hope to take advanced level academic courses (i.e. Honors Biology, Advanced Chemistry, American Studies)?
- Will I need to test into placement-based courses (math and language) when I return?
- If I’m leaving from or re-entering SAAS at mid trimester, how will my grades be determined?
- Does SAAS provide curriculum to other institutions?
- What about tuition while my student is away?
- Do I need to make-up any SAAS classes while away?