Seattle Academy is strengthened by the financial stability provided by endowed funds. Endowed funds are invested for the long-term and provide current and future revenue that lasts in perpetuity. Each year the Board of Trustees approves an annual distribution to support designated programs while the principle of the endowment remains invested and produces future revenue. Supported programs include Financial Aid, Outdoor and Travel Programs, Learning Support and Speech and Debate.
Each endowment listed below helps ensure the continued strength and longevity of essential SAAS programs.
The Seattle Academy endowed funds as of July 1, 2021 are:
- The Bianco Family Learning Support Financial Aid Endowment (Financial Aid for tuition and Learning Support fees)
- The Dunnam Family Endowment (Financial Aid)
- Financial Aid Endowment
- The Jeremy Houk Scholarship Fund (Speech and Debate)
- Lorenzini Family Endowed Scholarship Fund (Financial Aid)
- Luke Rogers `07 Music Fund Endowment
- Reid Rogers Endowed Fund (Financial Aid for Outdoor and Travel Trip fees)
- The Voyageurs Fund (Outdoor & Travel Program)
- The Wilson Learning Support Endowment (Financial Aid for Learning Support fees)
- The Wanda Elder Learning Support Scholarship Endowment (Financial Aid for tuition and Learning Support fees)
Donors may establish a named endowment fund with a minimum gift commitment of $50,000.
For more information about Endowments or to learn more about establishing a fund, please contact Blaire Piha Shainsky ‘07, Major Gifts Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.