SAAS in the City
SAAS in the City is our signature community gathering and fundraiser in support of economic diversity that celebrates and showcases the transformational impact a SAAS education delivers to our students and beyond.
A solicitation will be made during the event with proceeds supporting Financial Aid and Community Chest to ensure every student, regardless of economic background, can access a SAAS education and fully engage in the learning, exploring, and demonstrating opportunities in our culture of performance that makes this school community unique.
The evening includes inspiring student and alumni performers, a cocktail reception, raffle and wine grab, and a festive dinner.
- Celebrate and support SAAS!
- Invest in the economic diversity of our community
- Be inspired by students and alumni!
- Enjoy good food, good wine, and good company!
Produced by a dedicated group of volunteers and staff, SAAS in the City is our community’s commitment to support access and inclusion. We will ask you to join us in making an investment in Financial Aid and Community Chest. Your contribution directly supports families will help remove financial barriers and create access, inclusion and belonging for all students to receive the full benefit and experience of a SAAS education. Our student body brings a broad range of backgrounds and perspectives to the classroom and to our community, creating a vibrant learning environment that reflects today’s changing world.
The SAAS community stands steadfast in its support of economic diversity among our families. We understand the importance of having a student body that best reflects the greater community, and we recognize and celebrate both the learning and social impact this kind of diversity fosters that enriches our philosophy of education -- our culture of performance. That’s why we’ve extended our commitment to financial aid, beyond our standard budget allocation, to reach more families and provide the opportunity of accessing a SAAS education.
While financial aid supports the tuition and fees of a student to access a SAAS education, the Community Chest was created to ensure that every family, regardless of their economic background or financial ability, can take advantage of the learning, exploring, and demonstrating offerings that make the culture of performance come alive. Transformational opportunities, such as discovering what you are capable of on the Yukon trip, supporting the development of Africa through service, and representing our community at regional and international competitions and festivals, are not available to all students because of financial constraints beyond the cost of tuition.
In 2003, parents made an investment to support the inclusion of every child who desired an opportunity to engage could do so. This commitment to inclusion remains today and our community is stronger and richer for it.
As a community, our collective effort matters. We ask everyone to participate and invest at the level that is meaningful to their families. Every size of investment makes a difference. Today, 23% of SAAS students receive some form of financial assistance to attend -- that’s nearly 200 students. This is the result of years of hard lifting by fellow families to increase this percentage year over year.
The paddle raise at SAAS in the City offers a variety of donation levels, and a collective opportunity for everyone in the room to make a difference together. On March 23, when the Ask is made for Financial Aid and Community Chest, please participate with a donation that is personally meaningful. Your generous support will help change student’s lives. Thank you!
Giving levels to consider:
* Pledge cards will be available if you would prefer to give anonymously or at another gift level.
Thank you for your interest in organizing a table for SAAS in the City on March 23, 2019. As a table captain, you partner with Seattle Academy to make this special evening a success!
Below is information and key dates to move forward on organizing your table.
Quick facts for Table Captains:
- Tables fill up quickly! If you are organizing a group please be sure to reserve a table before February 1. Email Anne-Marie Guerrero email@example.com
- Tables seat 12 guests. Table captains organize a group, but are not expected to purchase the full table.
- Guests purchase seats indicating their table captain under GROUP NAME in their ticket reservation online.
- If you have a partial table and want assistance filling empty seats, Anne-Marie is able to help.
- If you want to partner with a friend to organize a table, terrific! You may choose to be co-captains.
- If you would like to be table captain for a grade-level table, fantastic! Please let Anne-Marie know. SAAS organizes grade-level tables. As table captain you would act as host.
Key dates for Table Captains:
By February 1: Deadline to reserve a table. Table Captains, please purchase your own tickets and email Anne-Marie your list of proposed table guests.
This list need not be final, just your best expectation of who will join you. Things may change, but a preliminary list helps greatly. Tickets sell fast!
By March 1: Table Captains and their guests must RSVP with ticket purchase.
To meet the needs of all our SAAS in the City guests, we can only hold table reservations to this date. Any unpurchased seats will be released.
2019 SAAS in the City Raffle Packages
Below are two amazing raffle packages. Learn more here
- Roast your own coffee with Caffe Vita - Learn the art and science of artisanal coffee roasting from Caffe Vita's roast master. You and three guests will develop and roast your own special blend, create your private label with the Vita design team and package one hundred 12oz bags for all of your friends and family!
- Your Secret Crush with Tinte Cellars - Get down and dirty and work for your wine. Grab three friends and work for a day at crush with one of Washington's best winemakers, Noah Fox Reed of Tinte Cellars. Learn secrets only known to a few and take home a case of wine for your hard work.
- Stand by the Still with Batch 206 – VIP Barrel Tasting and Mixology Class for you and seven friends.
- Grab three friends for a weekend hosted by the owners of Capitol Block Party. Your VIP package includes: Four Weekend VIP Passes, Backstage viewing for the main stage performance of choice, Reserved Table at Via TribunaliPatio Lounge (with a mainstage view) + $200 food and drink credit.
- Two rooms for two nights at the Sorrento Hotel
- $100 gift certificate at The Wandering Goose
- Two Bowie Blow Outs at Bowie Salon and Spa
- $400 gift certificate to Bateau
- $1,500 gift certificate to Nordstrom
During the SAAS in the City cocktail hour, the Wine Grab offers mystery bottles of wine, spirits and bubbly for purchase at two donation price points.
- For $25 you can take home a bottle of wine valued between $30 - $59.
- For $50 you can take home a bottle of wine, liquor or bubbly valued from $60 and up. In the past, we’ve had donated bottles valued over $200.
Wine experts are on hand to describe the mystery wine revealed inside the box!
The Wine Grab is made possible each year by parents who generously donate over 150 bottles of wine. Please help us to procure 150 bottles of wine, spirits and bubbly by March 1.
How to donate wine or spirits:
- Choose a bottle of wine (valued at $30 or above) or spirits or bubbly (valued at $60 and above)
- Print the procurement form and attach to your bottle
- Drop off your donation to any of our SAAS front desk locations
- After the event we will mail you a tax donation receipt for your records.
Thanks for supporting Seattle Academy and SAAS in the City.
WINE PROCUREMENT FORM
Click the image below to view and print the entire form.
- What exactly is SAAS in the City?
- When is SAAS in the City?
- Where is SAAS in the City?
- Who attends SAAS in the City?
- How do I get tickets to SAAS in the City?
- What is a Community Chest ticket?
- What do I wear to SAAS in the City?
- What is for dinner?
- Who do I contact with questions about tickets or if I want to organize a table?
- Who do I contact about volunteering for SAAS in the City?
It's a school-wide event- not an auction, but a fundraiser- and a great celebration in support of economic diversity that showcases the transformational impact a SAAS education delivers to our students and beyond. The evening features a three-course dinner, inspiring student and alumni performances and presenters, a raffle and wine grab, and a donation ask to help remove financial barriers and create access, inclusion and belonging for all students to receive the full benefit and experience of a SAAS education. The evening is lively and fun for our SAAS community!
At our 2018 SAAS in the City event, we raised over $500,000 toward Financial Aid.
At the fabulous Fremont Studios. Fremont Studios (155 N. 55th Street, Seattle) offers a great party space for us to celebrate as a community, a fantastic stage to showcase the works of our talented students, and no worries about parking on a Saturday night- complimentary valet parking is provided by Butler Valet.
Hard-working, creative, energetic, supportive parents (like you!), and others in the SAAS community, who recognize Seattle Academy's dedication to preparing students for college and life. Enjoy a night out with friends. Are you new to the community or thinking of coming on your own? You're not the only one. Join others at a grade-level table and meet new friends!
SAAS is pleased to partner again with City Catering Company. They have created a delicious menu especially for SAAS in the City. There will be savory appetizer bites served during the cocktail hour followed by a three-course, seated dinner.
The Menu Includes:
Herb seared sirloin, herb roasted heirloom carrots, new potatoes (gluten free)
Leek and spinach stuffed chicken, herb roasted heirloom carrots, new potatoes (gluten free)
Curried Cauliflower, lentils, micro greens (gluten free, vegan)
Honey Panna Cotta, lemon curd, vanilla mascarpone
Vegan dessert available on request
Neil Roseman and Rose Tatlow, (Henry Roseman '22) recap their SAAS in the City 2019 raffle package winning weekend at the 2019 Capitol Hill Block Party.
With over 600 registered guests, including current and alumni parents, faculty and staff, 14 alumni spanning over 30 years of graduating classes, along with 150 Middle and Upper School student performers, this year’s SAAS In the City delivered a beautiful night of celebration, community, and collective impact.
SAAS in the City is right around the corner, and we’re excited to unveil this year’s amazing raffle packages. Two lucky winners will walk away with one of two amazing packages: Master Makers of Seattle and Very VIP Weekend Experience at the Capitol Hill Block Party.
SAAS in the City is our signature community gathering and fundraiser in support of economic diversity that celebrates and showcases the transformational impact a SAAS education delivers to our students and beyond. This year, your SAAS in the City donations will support Financial Aid and Community Chest to ensure all students can participate in the full SAAS experience. All families are invited to attend.
Our largest SAAS in the City to date our amazing community of parents, grandparents, alumni, alumni parents, faculty, staff and friends raised an extraordinary $500,000 in support of financial aid.
Now in its eighth year, SAAS in the City (SITC) has become a popular and much anticipated annual celebration and fundraiser for our school.