SAAS in the City
SAAS in the City is our annual gathering and fundraiser to support an Inclusive Community for every student. The event celebrates and showcases the transformational impact of a SAAS education.
During the event, we’ll ask you to Raise the Paddle and donate to Financial Aid to ensure every student, regardless of economic background, can access a SAAS education where they can take risks, explore, and experience a culture of performance to contribute boldly to a changing world.
Located at the fabulous Fremont Studios in Seattle, the evening includes inspiring student and alumni performers, a cocktail reception, raffle, wine grab, and a festive dinner.
- Celebrate SAAS
- Invest in Financial Aid to support an Inclusive Community for every student
- Be inspired by students and alumni
- Enjoy good food, good wine, and good company!
RAISE THE PADDLE FOR AN INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY
Join us at SAAS in the City to Raise the Paddle and make an investment in Financial Aid to support an Inclusive Community at SAAS.
Your investment supports families by removing financial barriers and creating access, inclusion, and belonging so students can benefit from the full SAAS experience and education. Our student body brings a broad range of backgrounds and perspectives to the classroom and to our community, creating a vibrant learning environment that reflects today’s changing world.
We’ll offer a variety of donation levels and a collective opportunity for everyone in the room to make a difference together. When the ask is made for Financial Aid, please Raise the Paddle at a donation level that is meaningful to you. If you prefer to give anonymously, pledge cards will be available.
Your donations toward Financial Aid also supports Community Chest.
Thank you for your interest in reserving a table for SAAS in the City on February 29. As a table captain, you partner with Seattle Academy to make this special evening a success!
QUICK FACTS FOR TABLE CAPTAINS:
- Tables seat 12 guests.
- Table captains can organize a group and are welcome to but not expected to purchase the full table. Your guests purchase seats and indicate their table captain under GROUP NAME in the ticket reservation online.
- If you would like to purchase a table for your friends, you may do so through our ticketing page. Buy A Table Here!
- If you want assistance filling empty seats at your table or if you want to partner with a friend as table co-captains, we can help!
- Any questions or to reserve a table by January 24, 2020, contact Anne-Marie Guerrero at email@example.com
2020 SAAS in the City Raffle Packages
Raffle details coming soon!
During the SAAS in the City cocktail hour, the Wine Grab offers mystery bottles of wine, spirits and bubbly for purchase at two donation price points.
- For $25 you can take home a bottle of wine valued between $30 - $59.
- For $50 you can take home a bottle of wine, liquor or bubbly valued from $60 and up. In the past, we’ve had donated bottles valued over $200.
Wine experts are on hand to describe the mystery wine revealed inside the box!
The Wine Grab is made possible each year by parents who generously donate over 150 bottles of wine. Please help us to procure 150 bottles of wine, spirits and bubbly by February 1.
How to donate wine, spirits, or bubbly:
- Choose a bottle of wine (valued at $30 or above) or spirits or bubbly (valued at $60 and above).
- Print the procurement form and attach to your bottle.
- Drop off your donation to any of our SAAS front desk locations.
- After the event we will mail you a tax donation receipt for your records.
Thanks for supporting Seattle Academy and SAAS in the City.
WINE PROCUREMENT FORM
- What exactly is SAAS in the City?
- When is SAAS in the City?
- Where is SAAS in the City?
- Who attends SAAS in the City?
- How do I get tickets to SAAS in the City?
- What is a Community Chest ticket?
- What do I wear to SAAS in the City?
- What is for dinner?
- Who do I contact with questions about tickets or if I want to purchase or organize a table?
It's a school fundraiser -- not an auction -- and a great celebration. This evening supports an inclusive community and showcases the transformational impact a SAAS education delivers to our students. You will enjoy inspiring student performances and remarks from alumni, faculty, and leadership. The evening features a three-course dinner, a raffle, a wine grab, and a paddle raise with donations supporting Financial Aid. The evening is lively and fun for our SAAS community!
At the fabulous Fremont Studios (155 N. 55th Street, Seattle). Fremont Studios offers a great party space for us to celebrate as a community, a fantastic stage to showcase our talented students, and no worries about parking on a Saturday night -- complimentary valet parking is provided.
Neil Roseman and Rose Tatlow, (Henry Roseman '22) recap their SAAS in the City 2019 raffle package winning weekend at the 2019 Capitol Hill Block Party.
With over 600 registered guests, including current and alumni parents, faculty and staff, 14 alumni spanning over 30 years of graduating classes, along with 150 Middle and Upper School student performers, this year’s SAAS In the City delivered a beautiful night of celebration, community, and collective impact.
SAAS in the City is right around the corner, and we’re excited to unveil this year’s amazing raffle packages. Two lucky winners will walk away with one of two amazing packages: Master Makers of Seattle and Very VIP Weekend Experience at the Capitol Hill Block Party.
SAAS in the City is our signature community gathering and fundraiser in support of economic diversity that celebrates and showcases the transformational impact a SAAS education delivers to our students and beyond. This year, your SAAS in the City donations will support Financial Aid and Community Chest to ensure all students can participate in the full SAAS experience. All families are invited to attend.
Our largest SAAS in the City to date our amazing community of parents, grandparents, alumni, alumni parents, faculty, staff and friends raised an extraordinary $500,000 in support of financial aid.
Now in its eighth year, SAAS in the City (SITC) has become a popular and much anticipated annual celebration and fundraiser for our school.